Barry S. Horowitz, LCSW-R
Barry S. Horowitz, LCSW-R, is a psychotherapist providing therapeutic assessment and treatment for individuals, couples and families, and maintains a private practice in Cedarhurst, NY and Monsey, NY.
With over 20 years of experience as a clinician, clinical administrator, professional presenter educator and lecturer, I maintain a generalist practice with extensive specialization in:
- Treatment for Adolescent and Adult Survivors of Trauma and Abuse.
- Adolescent and Transition to Emerging Adulthood.
- Relationships and Attachment.
- Compulsive/Unwanted Sexual Behaviors, Including:
- Compulsive Gambling.
- Compulsive Internet Usage.
- Anxiety and Depression.
- Critical Incident Stress Management.
- Family Therapy.
Though classically trained as a Cognitive Behavioral Therapist, my approach is a solution-focused one with a strong emphasis on providing therapeutic support to help clients utilize their own strengths in resolving his current problems or long-standing struggles.
Mostly though, individuals report my style as a supportive and nurturing one. I strive to make my office one of courageous effort with an atmosphere of acceptance and respect. I recognize that whatever the challenges that we carry around, we are all seeking a sense of Serenity, Empowerment and Growth.
- BA (Psychology) Yeshiva University
- MA (Social Work) Fordham University
Advanced Training: (Include)
- Trauma & Abuse Treatment
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Treatment of Addictions
- Child and Family Treatment
- School and Community Crisis Response
- PREP- Pre-Marital Counseling
- Assessment and Treatment of Trauma Victims
- EMDR Level I and Level II
- Somatic Interventions
Professional Activities and Memberships:
Community Training & Clinical Workshops:
Mr. Horowitz has provided extensive professional and community training on topics related to:
- Professional assessment and treatment of Abuse and Trauma.
- Building resiliency in children and families.
- Child safety (abuse prevention) presentations for parents, schools, camps and communities.
- Overcoming unhealthy behavioral challenges.
- Parenting the challenging child/adolescent
- Maintaining healthy marriages.
Professional Consultations and Supervision:
- Individual Consultations for Mental Health Professionals.
- Ongoing Clinical Supervision for Mental Health Professionals.
- Group Supervision for Early Professionals and Emerging Professionals.
Fluency and Availability in Zoom or other Tele-Therapy Platforms for Sessions, Consultations, or Trainings.